The 2 Factor Authentication method will require you to enter your password and provide a 'Practera Security Code', each time you login into Practera. We use an established authentication system, Authy, to generate the codes for you to provide an extra layer of protection for your Practera account. Alternatively, we can send the Practera direct login link to your registered email account.
How does it work?
- When you login, you will need to enter your password.
- You will then be prompted to choose how to receive the Practera Security Code - either via SMS or Authy app.
- Add the code you have received by SMS or provided by Authy, for verification.
- Once the code is verified, you can log into Practera.
How to set up 2FA on your mobile device?
Step 1: Enable 2FA on your Practera account
Existing Admin/Coordinator Users
You can enable 2FA on your Practera account in 'User Profile' settings. Click on 'Activate Multi-factor' and register your mobile device for 2FA.
New Admin/Coordinator Users
You will be prompted to register a mobile device for 2FA on Practera on-boarding. You can select the country, enter the mobile number and register your device for 2FA.
Step 2: Choose how to receive the Practera Security Code
You can choose to receive the Practera Security Code in two ways:
- Via SMS on your registered 2FA mobile device
- Via Authy authentication app installed on phone
You can choose to receive the Practera Security Code via an SMS to your registered device by clicking on 'Send SMS' button.
You can choose Authy app to get the Practera Security Code for verification.
- Click on the 'Install app' option. You will be navigated to the Authy webpage, where you will have to enter your mobile number.
2. You will receive an SMS with a link to install Authy app on your mobile device. Click on the link to navigate to the app store.
3. Download the Authy app and add Practera account.
Step 3: Enter the Practera Security Code for authentication
After you receive the verification code, enter the code for verification. Once successfully verified, you can log into your Practera account.
Lost your 2FA device?
Get in touch with us in the Messenger and we'll help you out :)